Author: Jamie McGuire
Length: 437 pages
Publisher: Atria Books
Rating: 5 stars
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.
Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. -Goodreads
Warning: Characters in this book are a lot deeper than they first appear.
Readers will love the rough and tumble bad boy that Travis Maddox. At first glance, he seems nothing more than the good looking ladies man who has a starring role in the dreams of every girl, and the nightmares of their mothers.
Every girl that is, except Abby Abernathy.
Abby Abernathy may appear to be sweetness and light on the surface, but she's seen more than her fair share of life's darker side.
So when she catches the eye of this "golden Goliath," Abbey does well to remember the saying about 'all that glitters'.
A simple bet proves to be any thing but, putting these two a lot closer than they ever thought they'd be in more ways than one.
This is a great book! Here's why!
1. We, the readers are allowed to get to know Travis and Abby as people both separately and during the development of their friendship/relationship.
2. There is no INSTA-LOVE.
3. They are allowed to be both street-smart and book-smart.
4. She is allowed to have secrets.
5. They both have honest and relate-able flaws and insecurities.
6. Great writing, plot, story-line, character development ect.
7. There was a lot less sex in this book than in other New Adult reads.
8. Abby and Travis were real enough for readers to fall in love with.
The Downside of this Book
Read it!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!! Share it!!!!!!!!! Buy It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!