Author: Sarah Gagnon
Release Date: June 23, 2015
Publisher: Spencer Hill Contemporary
Synopsis: Only one girl will win the cash prize...and a chance at love with Jeremy Bane.
Monet isn’t just another lust-struck teenager trying to win the heart of Rock God Jeremy Bane--she needs the prize money from his new reality show to cure her illness.
Monet has Fluxem, a contagious disease that's spread through saliva. It's completely curable if you have enough money, which she and her single mother don't. Now that she's on the show, Monet has to work harder to keep her Fluxem hidden. She only has to keep the secret long enough to woo Jeremy Bane so he picks her as the winner. She doesn't even care about the love part; the prize alone will change her life.
But the real Jeremy Bane is nothing like she imagined. Monet finds herself fighting against feelings that make her want to give in to her attraction and Jeremy's attempts for a kiss. The further she goes in the competition, the more impossible it becomes to resist him--and when the producers turn the tables and start digging up dirt on the contestants, Monet fears her secret will be revealed before she's ready and ruin everything.
The only way to win Jeremy's heart is to tell him the truth, but confessing her disease could cost her the competition, the prize money, and him.
Sara's TOP 10: Reasons To Fall In Love With Someone
I’m thinking 3 out of 10 would count. I don’t want to be too picky here. I better go get some chocolate cake.
- Attraction. Okay, I know. Looks aren’t all that important, but maybe you would never cross the room to meet the other person if there wasn’t something visually about them that made you interested. I think all the senses are involved in falling in love, and no matter what trait draws you in and keeps you there, looks play a part.
- Smell. For me, I love a good deodorant. Melts me.
- Hugs. There are some guys that are just so good at hugging, you just want to be absorbed into them. Someone like that is so easy to love.
- Sense of humor about themselves. I love when a person can be comfortable enough with who they are to be able to laugh at themselves.
- Good in bed - including many sub categories. Desire to please. (hides head)
- They listen. To be the center of attention. To be heard. To feel interesting.
- Intelligence. Smart people are the best. I have a soft spot for problem solvers.
- Food. If he/she doesn’t cook, they have to at least be passionate about eating, and be cute about it.
- Chivalry - more than just opening doors. A good mutual hatred for enemies and a desire to help with hard tasks.
- Loyalty. A person you never have to question.
Now that I’ve made this list, I think Jeremy Bane hits all of the numbers except 4 and 5. He’s a little bit more serious and artistic than humorous. I think he has it in him… and number 5 too, just not yet.
Sarah Gagnon grew up in the frigid woods of Maine amidst snow and animal skins and has now moved back home. As a small child she wrote ship-wrecked romances all while being stared down by a taxidermied duck.
She has a BFA in photography and a minor in writing from the University of Southern Maine. She's the mother of two tiny, feral children and two ill-behaved dogs. For fun she’s taken up construction and interior design. Her first project: moving into a dilapidated farmhouse with her computer-genius husband.
Buy The Book:
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Date-Rockstar-Sarah-Gagnon/dp/1939392586/ref=sr_1_1_twi_1_pap?ie=UTF8&qid=1434211924&sr=8-1&keywords=Sarah+Gagnon
Barnes & Noble link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/date-with-a-rockstar-sarah-gagnon/1120381388?ean=9781939392589
IndieBound link: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781939392589
The Book Depository link: http://www.bookdepository.com/Date-with-Rockstar-Sarah-Gagnon/9781939392589
Kobo link: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Date-With-A-Rockstar/book-tJ7Don30PU68cN4eP9z93g/page1.html?s=Sy7HGIK2NEGhPp08ZGxJ4g&r=2